Thursday, January 24, 2019

Week 1 - The Welcome!

Welcome to my first attempt at blogging!  I'm excited to be here.  I hope that over time this blog goes from being a simple exercise in learning the fonts, the format, and all the features that the site has to offer, that it becomes something useful and relevant.

I chose the simple background because I am a simple girl.  I appreciate clean lines, and as a first attempt at blogging, I'm thinking that simple is best.  We shall see! (As I hit 'Preview', I'm realizing that simple is really just that.  Simple.  Wow, is that simple!  I'm hoping there's a way to change that.

I am hoping to incorporate pictures (LOTS of pictures!), text and directions to some of my favorite places to eat in the downtown Oceanside area.  I've recently moved down to the beach, within walking distance of several amazing restaurants, coffee shops, and truly dive bars.

Here's looking forward to some amazing posts! (Meaning, I'm looking forward to going out to eat at some places that I've been putting off...)

3 comments:

  1. Simple is good! I went sort of the same route, but played around a bit and made a few changes. Definitely a work in progress. Enjoy the process I say! Welcome to the beach! I live near the pier and have been in my apartment for a couple of years now. I love being able to walk out the door and in a few minutes be at the water! Looking forward to seeing your blog develop this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lynn,
    Yes it is very simple haha! Maybe play around with a little bit of color in the background or something. I can't wait to see some posts about downtown oside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lynn,
      I love the simplicity, and I do highly think adding color would make it pop, grab attention, and make it stand out more. I am so excited that you are looking to forward for this class.

      Delete