Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Week 3: Checking out the business websites!

I went with sites that I either use often, or want to know more about.


1.  Maurices (maurices.com)

Social media on site:  Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube
Last Post: 2/5/2019 11:00AM (Facebook)

They seem to have it together when it comes to using social media.  There are a lot of pictures, and almost daily, they write a post about a specific article of clothing.


2. LilyGirl Jewelry (shoplilygirl.com)

Social Media on site: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and their Blog.
Last Post: 2/6/2019 9:00 AM (Instagram)

This is a fun, creative jewelry site that I have been obsessed with for many years.  They've got social media down!  Many creative posts.


3. The Hollis Company (thehollisco.com)

Social Media on site: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube
Last Post: 2/6/2019 12:20 PM (Facebook)

I LOVE this woman.  My friend loaned me her book, and I read it in an evening.  She's so empowering.  I listen to her podcasts (yes, two of them) now.  I just can't get enough.  

She seems to have social media worked out.  So many YouTube videos.


4. The Gap (gap.com)

Social Media on site: None (What?)
Last Post: None

What a surprise!  I was sure that they'd have something...  I still love their T-Shirts.

5. Raising Cane's (raisingcanes.com)

Social Media on site:  Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
Last Post:  8 months ago (YouTube), 2/4/2019 (Facebook)

I'm a little surprised that the posts aren't most recent, but perhaps that's because they're in the kitchen making that freaking delicious chicken!!  I was so excited when they opened in Vista.


Analysis:


Pretty much most websites now are going to have some sort of social media presence.  It was interesting to me that the Gap didn't.  That's not saying that they don't have social media, they just didn't have it advertised on their website.

Depending on the type of business, this will determine which is the best type of social media to be involved in.  The Hollis company, while they post on Facebook and Instagram, really have it right with posting their videos on YouTube.  I can't really see YouTube working for a Maurices or a LilyGirl.  However, Facebook and especially Instagram work very well for these types of businesses.

I am more aware of they types of social media that are out there, now, and will follow up once I'm done with the websites. Now I just have to figure out how to UNfollow a couple of the sites...(I figured it out!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I enjoyed reading your post. I am a little bummed that the links were not embedded into the post. I wanted to go check a couple of them out and I'm sometimes lazy haha so - it would have been nice to be able to just click to the sites. :) PS. I'm happy you found out how to unfollow sites!

    ReplyDelete