Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Week 5: Target markets and calls to action!

Target Markets

Subway Vs. Hungry Bear Deli

For this exercise, I chose the Subway/Hungry Bear websites to analyse.  Mainly because I LOVE Hungry Bear. I was shocked at the differences that I found between the two websites.

Hungry Bear Deli has a very beautiful, very simple website which focuses on the sandwiches and salads that they make at their location in Vista.  Meaty and BIG is all I can say.  Fresh, really fresh ingredients.  But that was it.  I was really disappointed in how little there was to say about such an amazing place.  They are appealing to anyone looking for a yummy sandwich for lunch.  There was no call to action on the site.  There was media links, though.

Subway has it nailed down.  Oh my gosh ~ The menu, along with the nutritional information, catering menu, a rewards program, and a HUGE section devoted to responsibility.   They are catering to every man.  People who need lunch; Fit people, families, corporate types.  Their website is VERY solid and multi dimensional.  I started to think that maybe this the difference between a chain-type restaurant, vs. a family owned retail establishment.  I looked up Pizza Hut, and saw that it was similar to Subway in it's offerings and public outreach.

Overall, both websites are well done.  they both have links to social media sites clearly on their pages.They are appealing to the same demographic, but Subway has so much more depth to their site.   

No comments:

Post a Comment