Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Week 4: Sites I like

The Two Sites that I Like

There are two sites that I visit almost on a weekly basis.  

www.brighton.com
www.maurices.com

Brighton is a costume jewelry / accessory website that I just love.  They have a beautiful and distinctive look to the jewelry, and have fantastic gift items.  I find that if I'm ever invited to a birthday or graduation party, this is where I go to purchase my gifts.  

The website is a clean, white background with photos of the different areas that they provide, a minimal menu at the top which expands to the many, many items that they carry.  You get a good sense of what the site has to offer just from the main page.  They have links to their social media sites, and the information at the bottom of the page, much like the Apple site and the Toyota site that I mentioned in my other post.  The photos are large and focus on the items for sale.  I just adore this site.  I can't think of a thing that they could do to improve.  The customer service is top-notch, as well.  Items are shipped almost immediately, include a note from someone at the site, and they have distinctive gift wrap as well.

Maurices is a site that I shop at at least once every two weeks.  Upon entering, there are photos of current items for sale, a very pleasing color palate, a san-serif font on the menu is in a dark grey, which is readable, but not overbearing.  You can choose to shop based on item, or menu.  They have links to their social media as well, and again, the information at the bottom of the page.  EVERY time I go on that site, there is something new.  Their customer service is fantastic as well. I have never been disappointed with Maurices.  That's why I continually go back to the site.

If I had to add anything to either site, it would be a chat feature.  I've found that to be helpful on the sites that have them, and sometimes it would be nice to ask a question of someone at the business.  Other than that, these two sites seem to have everything.  They are very effective and pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment